DACS Zoom talk
A Guide to Copyright with Simon Marshall, the Head of Legal and Andre Thompson from the Legal Team at the Design and Artists Copyright Society (DACS). Simon and Andre give an overview of DACS’ services, an introduction to copyright and the DACS Payback scheme, with interactive part exploring a couple of scenarios.
- DACS’ knowledge base that has some useful guidance about copyright and Artist’s Resale Right:
- Useful links on DACS’ site, including a template model release form via the Association of Photographers:
- The DACS Artist’s Services Team would be a happy to answer any questions you may have about joining DACS or any other queries about DACS services. The team can be reached on 020 7780 7575 or email@example.com.
- Register to sign up for any of DACS’ services here:
- To claim your Payback:
- Guidance on orphan works scheme:
- Orphan Works licences can be obtained from:
- How to conduct searches for copyright owners:
- Another good source is the Artlaw section of the Artquest website:
- If you are interested in literary copyright re Payback you should consider joining ALCS:
- Anyone wanting to use music in a film/video should seek a licence from PRS: